Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Where's the Squeaker??

If you've been reading along, you know we have 2 older Siamese cats - 12 and 11 years old - who have been with me since they were kittens.  I love them dearly, and Chris begrudgingly puts up with them because he loves me.  I am the "Cat Person" and he is the "Dog Person" and we live in harmony as such... so while he has put up with my cats for 3 years, he finally has his new puppy that he can live out all his dog glory in (and revel in the frustration that is raising said puppy).  



Guys, this is just a one bedroom apartment... 









If you didn't already know, Siamese are talkers.  Leo is a bit more chill and only lets out his deep yeowls when he musters the energy to do so (which is quite a bit more often with Vasher around).  Leia on the other hand can get into fits where she just meows with wild abandon, with her decidedly higher-pitched voice.  Lemme tell ya, Chris Loves It.  


I was able to catch a video of Leia having some rare quiet time, and she was in a really sweet mood.  I can already hear Chris saying "oh god no one wants to hear her meow..." so fair warning, this is about 50 seconds of Siamese meows, but she's my sweetie.  And it's also a good example of how similar she sounds to a squeaker in a dog toy.....  






We noticed a few weeks ago that instead of running away, standing up for herself, or fighting back.. the dynamic between Vasher and Leia is.. well... a bit odd.  I really think Vasher thinks she's a toy with moving and vocal parts.  Which is a little scary, yet funny all at the same time...


You decide... 



















No comments:

Post a Comment